Friday, May 13, 2011

BEST OF HOUSE MUSIC


"The cassette version of this comp was my first introduction to house. I bought it in 1990. At that time in bum-fuck Northern California it was nearly impossible to find house. I used to order anything that might be possibly considered house from my local record shop. That tape definitely got worn out. I played that thing for years. There isn't one cut on here that couldn't be called a classic. Back then house was fun and it had a much harder edge then it does now. This crap they call house now is a whole lot of easy listening bullshit, produced by many European producers who are so far removed from the source they wouldn't know soul if it bit them in the ass. Now I'm not saying all Euro producers produce crap, but a lot do." Lady Blacktronika

No comments: